News and information from inside the Babel-University development room.
We are happy to announce the newest version of the Babel-U-Exams online test management software.
What's new in this version
Many people asked for proper filtering for the exam results and grading view and we listened. Now you can filter results by administrative contact, user, and/or exam.
CSV Results Reporting
Once the filtering was in place it seemed only natural to add an export feature to the results manager. Now you can export filtered results in CSV format
BONUS Exam Scheduling
Thanks to a wonderful suggestion by one of our patrons (Thanks Orran) we added the ability to limit exam access to specific dates and times. So now you can control when users can start the exam , as well as when the exam is no longer open for testing.
Goals for minor version 1.7.0
One thing that we were not able to complete was item #3 in our goals for version 1.6.0, but we haven't given up yet!
- Clean and organize code base (re-factoring)
- Implement alternate layouts for exam view and results view.
- Add extended matching questions to the list of supported problem types.
- Start preparing the grading engine to accept alternative grading methods. (if you have any grading methods you would like to see in B-U-Exams, let us know.)
Thank for all the support and we hope you like the new features.
Since the beginning of 2013 we have been busy cleaning code, adding more flexibility and better features to the Babel-U-Exams component.
Whats new in this version
The release of version 1.5.0 brings with it a completely customizable notification system and a more organized administrative area. Although there is still much to do. We are going to take a short break from development and focus on improving the documentation. But don't worry we'll be back in the lab early April.
Our goals for minor version 1.6.0
- Add a administrative contact column to result manager and grade manager
- Add filtering so that you can limit the list by Examinee, Exam, or Administrative Contact
- Redo the grading and commenting layout, so the admin can user the paged view or a one really long page view for grading/commenting.
- Implement CSV export for filtered results